Consider this versatile, Mediterranean-inspired olive relish to be the perfect addition to your summer grilled meals. This relish is a terrific addition to grilled chicken, pork tenderloin or bone-in pork chops. Recipe provided by cookbook author Diane Morgan.
Ingredients You Need
2 large red bell peppers, quartered
1 medium sweet onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2/3 cup sliced Lindsay® Naturals Green Ripe California Pitted Olives
2/3 cup sliced Lindsay® California Ripe Pitted Olives
1/4 cup Lindsay® Capers, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Kosher or sea salt, to taste (optional)
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Brush peppers and onion slices with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
3. Grill peppers and onions on covered grill 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear and the peppers and onions are crisp-tender.
4. Transfer to a cutting board; cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
5. Transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil; mix well. Makes about 5 cups relish.