Beauty hacks with Olive Oil
- As a shaving treatment: Sensitive skin types can find shaving to be a little too irritating for their skin, which is why olive oil makes the perfect lubricant for shaving.
- As a deep-conditioning treatment: Apply olive oil on freshly shampooed, towel-dried hair. Put it up in a plastic cap and blast it for about 10 minutes with a hair dryer. Let sit for 10 more minutes and rinse out.
- As an oil base for homemade scrubs: If you’re whipping up your own DIY spa treatments, olive oil is a great addition. If you’re short on time, simply rub on your skin before scrubbing with coarse sugar or sea salt.
- For moisturising cuticles: Mix a touch of this oil and water in a small dish and soak your hands in it for about five minutes. Then warm a bit of olive oil and rub it into your cuticles before pushing the skin back with a cuticle stick.
- For removing makeup: Being very careful to avoid eyes, you can still dab a bit of olive oil on a cotton swab and use it to remove waterproof makeup.